If you follow me on any of my social media channels you know how much I care for animals, especially dogs. That’s why whenever I can find information to help families be better pet owners I want to share it with all of you.
This infographic from Nationwide Insurance is a great resource to double check if a food could be toxic to your pet. Some of the things I found the most interesting:
- Fatty foods and fat trimmings can cause upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, and pancreatitis.
- Raw meat and fish could have salmonella and E. coli.
- Alcohol could cause seizures or respiratory failure.
- Grapes and raisins, even a few can be harmful to household pets.
- Nutmeg can cause nervous system abnormalities.
For specific questions you should speak with your family veterinarian. If you’re thinking about adopting a pet I love the folks at the Norfolk SPCA No Kill Adoption Center. The staff there is great and the pups are so adorable that I bring one with me when I host #AskJenLive.